Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Brad and I had a relaxing weekend away for our 15th wedding anniversary. We visited the Carlisle Inn in Sugarcreek and spent some time in Amish Country. The trip was all planned by Brad and a welcomed surprise for me. We would both like to thank Grandma and Grandpa Shadle for keeping the kids for the weekend so we could spent some time together.


The Carlisle was a beautiful place and the pictures don't do it justice. We would definitely visit again.

I enjoy Breitenbach wine so it was great to finally be able to visit, sample a variety of wines, and go on a tour. I learned that I love dandelion wine!

Brad would be in his glory if it actually worked!
Oaking the wine.
This was the machine that bottles, labels and corks the wine. The machine costs 1.5 million dollars.
The wine is being chilled which is one of the many stages before bottling.
This was the building where we toured.

No comments:

Post a Comment